Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Amram Mitzna

There is a light at the end of a very dark tunnel. The politics in Israel has long ago lost my ability to effect and use my right of vote simply since I have no one to vote to.

Last 2 weeks something happened. Amram Mitzna, Left party leader in past and former Mayor of Haifa and Yeruham, decided to run for leading the lost and fall apart party. This is the best news I have heard in ages. Finally there is a person that I honestly feel to deserve my voting for him.

Mitzna is another army general who became a politician but the last one who let that effect his civilian life than all others. He was a very appreciated general though he got a lot of his admiration at his mayor jobs - first of Haifa (Between 1993 to 2002) tough for me the most important part of his public life was his role as the called mayor of Yeruham.

Yeruham is a town in the Israeli desert, Near Beer-Sheva. Very neglected and was very poor and uninteresting at the national view. Mitzna dedicated these years to improve the education and infrastructure in town and was able to achieve a small miracle - The new built neighbourhood in town, Something that no one ever imagined.

In 2005 there were 30 houses on sale at 20,000$. There was not even slightest interest. In 2009 these houses got 272 enquires which brought to 68 more houses to be planned and that brought amazing number of 4000 enquires as well.

Mitzna can be proud of the improved achievement in the education system who had in 2005 only 45% of diploma graduated high school students and today stands proudly with 68% which is even more than the national percentage.



His hard working personality, His vision, dedication and honestly brought me to know that we have a bright future ahead. We just need to make a step and vote this person to lead Israel. This is who I believe is a true Israeli and a person I would love to see representing my lovely country around the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment