Thursday, May 19, 2011

Real Meaning of Freedom !

This is the story simple right...

Yoram Kaniuk was born in Tel Aviv in the days before Israel was established. At the age of 17 he fought in the independence war in 1948 and after he got injured he worked in a ship who brought jewish people to the country.

Yoram married Miranda, a Christian woman and they raised two girls which served in the army. They girls are not declared as Jewish since their mother is not jewish. In the last month, after his Grandson has declared Christian too, Yoram had enough and he went to fight for his family rights.

Yoram fight for the country of Israel as he fought for it to be. Jewish but Israeli. Not religious but one who follow the declaration of Independence. He always fought against the blind faith and the extreme radicals who corrupt everything.

How is it possible that someone who fought for the state, who serves and did his/hers duties will be treated like that? How is it possible that you can change your religion to Christian or even muslim but you cannot be considered non-religious?

After I saw a friend buried outside the military graveyard just because his mother is christian (although his father is jewish) I become to realise that I had enough with religion. I had enough with the lack of morals and the careless.

I don't follow anything religious. I believe in myself and in goodness of people. I would marry without a Rabi, without a Priest or a Wakf... I would live as I think a jewish person should live in 2011 !

A free man !

No comments:

Post a Comment